Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Marital Intimacy and other Marriage topics.
The ability to reveal yourself fully, honestly, and directly--is the lifeblood of intimacy. To do this couples must learn to do a "daily temperature reading" on the relationship. This is a process which includes the following ideas:
1) Appreciation--take turns expressing appreciation for each other
2) New information--in the absence of information, assumptions--often false ones rush it. Tell your partner something to keep the contact alive.
3) Puzzles--Take turns asking each other something you don't understand and your partner can explain.
4) Complaint with request for change--Without placing blame or being judgmental, cite a specific behavior that bothers you and state the behavior you are asking for instead.
5) Hopes-- Share hopes and dreams with each other. These are an important part of keeping your love growing.